Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Getting my head back in the game

My little holiday to Canberra was amazing... I got to meet my gorgeous friend after nearly 2 years of talking online  / over the phone / on Skype. Social media is absolutely amazing sometimes.. She is a kindred spirit and I am completely blessed to have her and her gorgeous family in my life. 

The kids got on famously - except for a few little pushes and shoves here & there. Lots of hugging and sharing... Heather and I teared up more then once watching our babes play together. 

And now... I'm back. And to be honest, I am struggling to get back on track. My eating has been ok... Connor has had a horror few nights with teething and temperatures so I've slipped a bit over the past few days and got back into the 'rewarding myself with food' mentality. I find being at work easier as I can't access the 'bad' food - although it's only when I go to the shops do I slip up... I need to reclaim the willpower strength and get my head back in the game!! 

I am not overly concerned about my weight (the number) at this stage as I know I have lost weight... I can see it in myself and the way my clothes are fitting - although my size 14s are definitely NOT fitting me anymore which is nice! 

I am going to try a new gym class today - GymStick Muscle. The blurb from the website: A unique muscle conditioning class using a Gymstick giving you results in Strength, Endurance, Balance, Joint Stability, Coordination & Postural Awareness.  Sounds interesting! I was going to go tomorrow night, but I have PT with Kate on Friday morning, so I don't want to be too sore as she is totally going to kick my arse again!

As part of the 12WBT, I have to a SSS - Super Saturday Session - where you aim to burn 1000 calories... I am thinking of changing it to Sunday as I was really, really sore after PT last time with my muscles really fatigued and seizing up when I went walking on the Saturday morning. 

I am falling behind with my Weekly Challenge as well... this week it's 30 minutes of Wall-Sits and so far I've done the grand total of one minute. Boo. I really have to get my head and arse into gear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment