Monday, July 15, 2013

Get Real

The first challenge as part of the pre-season is to GET REAL... acknowledge your excuses and come up with solutions for each of them. 

Michelle has listed 3 types of excuses - Internal, External (within your control) and External (outside your control). The first thing I had to do was to list all of the excuses I have made in the past to get out of exercising and to come up with a rebuttal. 

It was actually quiet confronting... I was already rolling my eyes at myself for the lame-arse excuses I have been using over the past 12 months! So, here they are... my excuses listed below and the solutions I have come up with in red beside them...

Internal Excuses
- I'm not motivated :: JFDI! Make it part of every day. Stop thinking - start doing!
- I'm too tired :: JFDI! Be tired for a reason. C is sleeping better and I feel so much better afterwards!
- I feel silly exercising and I worry what I look like when I exercise :: who cares and who cares?! At least I am doing something. Stop worrying what others think!
- I'm not really *that* overweight :: if you are sitting at your desk, with your jeans unbuttoned while you shovel chocolate in your mouth, it's time to move that arse!

External Excuses - within my control
- I'm too busy :: week one and I have been to the gym 5 times! 2 classes and 3 cardio sessions!! Hello?! Too busy for what?
- C has been out all day :: exercise at home... put YouTube on. Run around outside with him. Be a good example to HIM!
- It's too cold :: put a jumper on and JFDI!
- It's too hot :: wear a tshirt and JFDI!

External Excuses - outside my control
- C is sick and I have no one to look after him :: Exercise at home! Stop complaining and JFDI!

Saying it all outloud makes me feel SO much better already. 

My new favourite saying? JFDI... I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment