Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Thoughts on food

So I had a bit of breakthrough last night. I was feeding C to sleep thinking about my excuses etc regarding exercise and I realised I hadn't actually thought about any to do with food. 

I've never really thought much about my relationship with food... I haven't acknowledged the way I think about it, why I eat the way I do. 

I was browsing the 12wbt forums yesterday and came across this motivational picture...


Boom. Breakthrough. 

That's exactly what I do. Well, what I USED to do. 

C had a good night sleep? Have a chocolate.
Going for a walk after work? Have a chocolate.
Haven't had chocolate for 3 days? Have 2 chocolates. 

Even last night. Mum & Dad were staying with us, we had the girls. Big cook up of spag bol & garlic bread. Followed by cheesecake and ice-cream for S's birthday. My thoughts? 'Oh well, mum and dad are here, it's ok to eat 3 pieces of garlic bread. And I have to have dessert... it's for S's birthday'

That's bullshit. Nobody would care if I said NO to the garlic bread. Nobody would care if my piece of cheesecake is smaller then theres. Nobody would care if I only had one scoop of ice-cream. 

I need to STOP worrying about what everyone thinks. Mum is here for a few more days and we are off to the Pink concert tomorrow night so I'm not holding out great hopes for a healthy dinner at the entertainment centre, but I don't have to have the hot chips... I don't have to have the greasy burger... I can make good choices. 

Pre-Season challenge 2 is out... time to set some goals and list HOW I can achieve them in 1 month / 3 months / 6 months / 12 months / overall weightloss goal. 

I've started jotting down some ideas, but will take my time and get them right. I'll come back later today or tomorrow and list them here.

Nic xo

No comments:

Post a Comment